4 Mar 2015

Photo finish.



Morning lovelies today I have another review for you. So I recently finished my current primer and to be honest I have no loyalty towards any primers I've tried, I do repurchase them, but not always straight away and not always one after another. So while I was scouting the makeup counters in Boots I came across the Smash box stand, Smashbox primers are something I've heard people rave about in the blogging community for a very long time and so I thought I would finally take the leap of fate and try one. 
They retail for a heavy £25 which the thought alone was enough to put me off, that's the same price as my top end foundations! Luckily they offer sample/test sixes at half the size and value of a full size.. So of course I opted for that instead at a more approving £12. 
Next was the big disoriented of what primer to get, turns out Smash box have a range of 8 to 9 different types (that I could count) ranging from pore minimizing to colour correcting. I have to admit I panicked a little as my other half rushed me for a decision. 
In the end I opted for the light primer hers what the company say about it:

"Our oil-free, 60% water-based primer is ideal for oily, acne-prone or sensitive skin. This silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for visibly softer skin, and can be worn alone or under foundation to increase its longevity. The revolutionary formula has oil absorbers for a smooth matte finish all day, light diffusers to minimize the appearance of imperfections, and vitamin C and peptides to help even skin tone and promote collagen production for a flawless future. Now in a sleek tube for perfect dispensing—down to the last drop! Winner of Allure Magazine's Best of Beauty Award for Best Primer."

So I've never really considered myself as someone with oily skin in fact my skin is more sensitive/dry from a lack of vitamins and water, which is why I thought I'd try it out. First off I love that it's water-based instead of silicone, I always opt for silicone bases and it's just a nice change, my skin feels like it's absorbing in the product and it's vitamins rather then it just sitting on my skin and hiding all my problems.
Furthermore I've noticed how it’s helped to keep my foundation on for a longer amount of time. I’ve never really felt like I have oily skin all though my T-Zone can tend to melt makeup off it during a long busy day, but I've noised that its recently been looking a lot better after I started using it.

All in all I’m really liking this product, is price is the only thing that slightly puts me off, but this sample I have has hardly been dented even though I’ve been using it most days so I guess I know it will last me.

Have you guys tries any of the Smashbox primers? Let me know how you got on if you did.
SHARE:
© Charrlottelouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig