2 Apr 2016

Im addicted to decluttering

and I'm running out of things to declutter!


Hi lovelies today I want to talk about de-cluttering. Oh de-cluttering, some people live for it, others want to cry at the thought. Personally I love it. I feel the need to constantly be de-cluttering and its all since I moved house. When I had my own flat I was happy to just accumulate mountains of hoarded clothes and beauty products, but now my space is limited I’ve become at one with he idea that less is more. Going through my makeup collection and pulling out products I don’t like or that are so old they shouldn’t be on my face is just such a amazing feeling, to then be able to look back and see only stuff that you want in your collection. The same with clothes, the amount of stress I used to have when opening my wardrobe. I used to feel guilty for only ever wearing the same items, but once you’ve cleared out all the items you don’t wear that feeling of guilt is replaced with relief.


Now I’m not say you need to throw out your wardrobe and have a capsule, because for some that just isn’t possible, but I think reviewing your closet every season is a brilliant way to start.  If at the end of the season you haven’t warn it and you didn’t reach for it this time last year then it’s probably time you parted with it.  So here’s a few things I like to go through when deciding what I want to keep in my wardrobe.
  • Start by trying the item on
  • Does it fit and is it flattering?
  • Have you worn it in the last year?
  • Is it sentimental?
  • Would you purchase it again if it were in the shops?
  • Does it make you feel good about yourself?

If you answered no to any of these questions then just get rid of it! Its never going to bring back the money that you spent on it by having it hang in your wardrobe for the rest of its days. It could make someone less fortunate very happy or if your really upset about the money spent you could sell it on and try to make back some of it.

The problem I am now facing is that I’ve de-cluttered so much stuff I am out of thing to de-clutter at this current time.  Ridiculous I know.  Its actually at a point where I have watched hundreds of other people doing de-cluttering videos online as well now that I spend ages trying to find new ones to watch. I need help!  I’m thinking of making a video myself at some point if that’s something people would be interested in?



SHARE:
© Charrlottelouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig