19 Apr 2016

Sick day

Survival pack cold and flu addition

Being sick is not fun for anyone. If you caught my latest video on YouTube then you would know that I’ve recently come down with the 7-day cold and flu bug that’s going around. Fun times. Over my birthday, to make maters worse, I didn’t even blow out m birthday candles; I let my baby cousin do it so not to infect everyone.  So as I’m in bed surrounded by things to make myself feel more human I thought I might as well blog about what I’m using. Because that’s what bloggers do right?


  • First off, bed. Always a great place for recovery, from both illness and life in general. I highly recommend you wrap yourself into a human burrito and stay put till you feel better. Rest will help your body to heal.
  • A hydration station is necessary. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration. Avoid alcohol, coffee and caffeinated sodas, which can make dehydration worse.
  • Tissues, lots of tissues. Congested nose and throat is never fun and all that mucus is going to need to go somewhere. I also like to have some VapoRub on hand as well just to help move things along a little quicker, but a hot drink or shower can do this too.
  • A treat! I’ve chosen my favourite Ferrero Rocher. Everyone needs a little pick me up here and there. Sometimes I crave fruit and smoothies and sometimes I crave chocolate. Today I felt I deserved chocolate.
  • I’ve thrown in a book and some dvd’s, because day time telly sucks, but to be perfectly honest I’m probably going to lie here and rewatch the Gossip Girl series on Netflix.
  • And then finally some form of medication whether it’s over the counter or prescribed. Over-the-counter saline nasal drops and sprays can help relieve stuffiness and congestion. I’ve personally opted for Ibuprofen, I fid my body personally reacts well to Nurofen tablets and when I saw they had flue ones (which are probably almost identical to the normal ones) I decided to give them ago. They seem to be doing the trick along with some Strepsils lozenges to relieve my throat.


Anyway if your reading this you’re probably sick too. So get well soon and let me know if you have anything you swear by while your ill.

SHARE:
© Charrlottelouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig