4 Sep 2016

August Favourites


Afternoon guys, hope you’re all well. Today I’m back with a monthly favourite’s. I recently talked about my Fashion favourite’s so I will not be addressing them again in this post to stop you from getting bored.


To start us off I’m going to discuss some events, moments and new tattoos that aren’t in the picture above. First my mum, we recently received some test updates only to find her cancer has begun to shrink and it looking a little clearer. Sadly its  ‘incurable’ due to the extent of the cancer speckled throughout her body, but the fact that it’s getting smaller with treatment means years can be added back to her life. This of course is awesome! Next is Norwich, Sydney my better half was kind enough to pay for us to go visit fiends back in Norwich were we lived for 4 years.  We went for drinks with friends, did some vintage shopping and just generally just chilled out which it was much needed. Which brings me onto the final photographed photo, I got too new tattoos and I adore them!




Ok so my first beauty favourite is FakeBake’s sport daily tanning lotion. As you guys would have seen from a post last week I’ve been decluttering and project panning a lot of beauty products that aren’t cruelty free and this was one of the items I was planning on using up, but whilst using it I realized that it does actually state that its cruelty free on the packaging so that was a lovely little surprise whilst using it. Towards the end of the month I’ve gained a nice tan so this is just helping keep me looking topped up like I’ve been to the Bahamas. It creates a nice subtle glow to the skin although i find if you overlay it too much you can end up looking orange or streaky. 
Next up is the That’s how I roll mascara from Barry M. I’ve been told this is a good dupe for the Benefits Roller Ball mascara, but I couldn’t actually confirm that as I’ve never tried the Benefit one. I do however like this mascara for an everyday lengthening look to the lashes, not to mention is only £4.



This next product is by far the favourite of the favourite’s. It’s the best thing I’ve come across yet in the beauty vegan, cruelty free category. This weird block above is in fact a Lush Aromaco deodorising bar, which smells of patchouli oil and feels very moisturizing on the skin. Containing a total of 8 ingredients, which includes Witch Hazel, Chamomile Vinegar, and Patchouli oil to help keep you smelling and feeling fresh all day long. Because this is a wax-like bar, it is important to know that it doesn’t feel quite like a traditional deodorant. You will rub it on the same way, but rather than it transferring a cream-like product to your skin, it is coating the skin with a sheer layer of oils to keep the skin soft and lightly scented. They say you need to give your skin the time to adjust to natural deodorants, but so far other then a little red irritation (common when first transitioning) its been working a treat.
The Real Techniques base miracle complexion sponge is one of my more recent purchases. I’ve used it for about 2 weeks and I’m beyond impressed with how it smooth’s out my foundation and creates a flawless finish. I don’t really have a lot to say about it other then it works and you should try it if you haven’t already.

The B. Makeup Brush cleanser was originally purchased because I’ve been doing a few clients makeup for wedding recently. Needless to say it’s now a new favourite. It was an absolute steel at only £4.99 for 125ml in Superdrug and works just as good as any of my higher end brush cleansers. Of course this will be the one I’m sticking with from now on as its such a handy and cheap product. Also my mother now owns one as she has seen the magic in can do to your brushes.
Then finally we have my new Lush Vanillary solid perfume. I ended up picking this baby up after weeks of lusting after it while my better half purchased Lush perfumes of his own. As you can guess by the name it’s a Vanilla and tonka (actually pictured on the label) base not mixture with jasmine, giving it a sensual, almost earthy undertone, providing depth to the fragrance. There are also many reasons why solid perfumes are a good investment. Firstly, they are very easy to transport from place to place. They take up very little space and have no way of leaking, so can be stored in pockets, purses and bags and taken near enough anywhere. Secondly, they are great value for money. This one in particular comes in at £7 for a 12g tub, and while the weight in conjunction with the price may seem rather expensive for perfume, it's far more compact than your typical liquid fragrances so you get a lot more for your buck. All in all I defiantly will be purchasing more of these in the future, but this is by far my favourite scent that they have currently released.



SHARE:
© Charrlottelouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig