31 Mar 2017

The storm in my mind



Good morning everyone. I know it's been quite some time since I posted to this blog. If you're a follower of my Youtube channel then you'll be aware that I reached out and admitted to you that my mental health hasn't been quite as together as previous years. I've suffered with Situational Depression since the age of 14, due to an accident that left we wheelchair bound as a teenager (after physical therapy I was able to walk fine again, but left mentally scared) and although I've somewhat had a hold over myself, last year was pretty tough.
I'm not here today to talk about my past or even my depression for that matter, I'm actually here to talk about a practice that has really help with my mental health and anxiety. What is this miracle I hear you ask? Well I have discovered Minimalism, or more of letting go of the clutter that has been looming over me like a dark cloud.
It would seem like minimalism is the 'in thing' at the moment, but in a world where we consume so much and put so much self value into the items we own, it would just seem that a lot of people have realised that they need to downsize, wether they stick with minimalism or are just using it to help declutter their homes short-term. Either way I think it's a fantastic idea. 
I recently read The art of tidying up by Marie Kondo and in all honestly it spoke to me. She has some slightly eccentric ways of thinking about things, but she also made so much sense, so I decided to give it a go. As someone with a lot racing through my mind on a regular occurrence I found letting go of items that I no longer loved was like a large weight being lifted off my back. I said goodbye to the person I wished I still was and began to accept the woman I am now. I have started to fine tune my fashion and have gained a great understanding of myself and person style. I let go of memories that were painful and embraced the present. I also noticed I've become more passionate about the things that are important to me and actually feel a beautiful buzz to be creative again.
I'm in no way a minimalist as it stands and I have a long road ahead of me from all my years of consumerism that I used to drive my YouTube channel and gain sort term happiness from past situations, but I'm so incredibly happy to be on this path. It's dramatically changed my mindset, helped me find a career path and improved my overall health. To some this probably sounds all a bit too good to be true and for some this probably won't have any effect on your life what so ever, but for the people who are lost like myself and have been for some time I highly encourage taking a similar path to self discovery.


SHARE:
© Charrlottelouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig