5 Apr 2017

Gosh #foundation drops

REVIEW


Recently I did a rather large makeup declutter, I wasn't actually following any kind of method at that point and so I first decluttered old items I no longer wanted. Then when I realised I wanted to go cruelty-free/vegan, I had to go over my whole collection again. Some products I had no issues chucking, others such as favourite foundations I decided to use up and then leave them behind to explore vegan options instead. At first the idea of finding a vegan foundation on the UK high street seemed like the most daunting task of all, but after a bit of research I have found a few to choose from. This is where todays review comes into play.




Back in my early (and more popular) phase of Youtube I distinctly remember using quite a lot of GOSH cosmetics and always really enjoying them. After time, I was swept into the world of makeup and became quite a snob towards some of the more affordable brands, to this day don't really know why. GOSH is infact a very good company, they are completely against animal testing, not owned by a parent company, has vegan options and also try to have lots of perfume and paraben free items (this being one of them), I don't think I've ever used a mascara by them which contained any. The #Foundation drops is just one of three vegan options they have, so I thought I would give it a go as it’s a completely different type of foundation to what I normally pick up.
The first thing I noticed was that it contained SPF10, as someone who does where SPF in the summer this wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it was a nice little bonus. I didn't really worry about it causing any white-cast in photos as I planned for it to be more of an everyday subtle foundation. As you can gather from the name 'drops' its a ultra light, watery texture and so I was excepting to have not much coverage from it whatsoever. I was pleasantly surprised when the first layer applied covered almost everything I wanted it too, without masking my natural skins freckles. The second layer on the areas I did want covered created the perfect amount of coverage I was looking for. It applied smoothly and felt like I wasn't actually putting any product on my face at all with the finish itself being very natural with a slight glow to give a radiant look.


Makeup after a 8:30-5:00 shift at work 

Personally I found it wears very well throughout the day, I don't end up with any cracking at the end of the day or having patches of it missing. All I really need is a slight concealer touch up and and ready to go out after work. The only problem I have is that it can cling to my dryer patches when my skin is more dehydrated, but that just means I need to keep ontop of my water intake more regularly. All in all if you are someone looking for a light foundation that will cover a few blemishes and make your skin look fresh and beautiful I would highly recommend this product.

I would also recommend checking out GOSH in general if you are looking for a good cruelty-free and vegan cosmetic brand as I do enjoy a few of their products. Also if you are after a Vegan list for GOSH there are a few floating around the internet, but I would be happy to write a recent one out for you.





SHARE:
© Charrlottelouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig