10 Apr 2017

New job

FIRST WEEK
How am I feeling?


Morning lovelies, this week has been an exciting one for me, so I thought I would share. On the first Monday of this month I started a new job, it wasn't just a job for me, it was a career choice and the start of me 'adulting'. I decided that it was time to get my life into gear and so I took an opportunity as a trainee Dental Nurse. Its something that I've always been interested in, but at the ripe old age of 25 I thought id probably missed my shot to study as it can become quite costly to embark on studies later in life. 

After trying a few places and having no success I finally was luck enough to get into a Private Dental House that were more then happy to pay for all my training and sign me up to stay with the company for a minimum of 2 years. 
Im now a week into my new job and honestly its done wonders for me both physically and mentally. I feel more happy in myself, I have more energy and I'm spending time with people (which at one point  last year I wasn't leaving the house in over a month). The people I work with so far have been great and I'm actually seeing a couple for drinks next Friday. 
My week started off with getting to know the computer system and what all the numbers your dentist calls out during the check up mean. I've only really had one day on the system, but it doesn't seem as hard as it does at first glance and with a day of X-rays I feel more then confident putting them through, if nothing else. I've also started learning the technical names for the sides of the teeth and positioning. It's not all sunk in yet, but again it's only the first week. I've also been learning how to mix Alginate which is an impression material as well as how to use composite and Amalgam fillings.  

All in all I've been really enjoying my first week of work and i'ts exciting to have a bit of a career path laid out. I find myself extremely interested in the Hygiene side of dental work and would be interested in maybe one day taking a path in that direction as for now I'll stick to nursing.



SHARE:
© Charrlottelouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig